A letter to my future self!

Far, amidst the unrevealed domain; a letter to my future self!


Hey Somya, how are things going? I, in 4th year Btech’22, am writing to you, 10 years into the future. I am working pretty well, enjoying time with family, writing articles, being restricted to a home bounded by the lockdown due to COVID’19. I have learned new skills in my college about computer science like front-end development, started machine learning and algorithms in data structures. Apart from that, I am also polishing my other skills in blogging and writing content. And I am enjoying this work. It puts me into intensive brainstorming sessions. All are doing well here, and I am just waiting for my college to re-open and to have a classic time with friends. 


I have so much to ask.

How is everything going into the future? 


 Have you been to your favourite places and the favourite restaurant in Bangalore? Do you still listen to loud music? How about your swimming classes? Did you get selected for any tournament? 


Have you created the life you want? Do you enjoy your job?  Are you successful, happy, and have peace in life? 


Are you in touch with your college friends? How is Megha, Anushka, Parul, and everyone else?

Do you guys meet? Is Megha the same as crazy as now? Has she been to foreign?


 How is everyone in the family? Did Tanmay start going to college? Is Priti married? Am I married, I think of course yes. How is my future hubby? This makes me shy now! And do you remember me, your younger version?


Have you learned from your mistakes? How did you go about footfalls? Have you recovered from them? Have you forgiven all your foes? 


Aah, too many questions, that don’t let me have a sound sleep. I think I am always into depression and think a lot. I strive to relax but each time my fears and worries engulf me,


Also, I have so much to tell you.


Whole life till now I have been striving to work hard, think and behave like an adult, synchronize everything in a well-sorted manner, prove to be the responsible and elder girl in the family, striking through all pains, studying, and burning my soul out. I want myself to be relaxed now. 


Dear you, ‘live your life. You have so much to take from the world. Embrace the cold chilling winds, go on trips, let every raindrop wipe out your stress and worry, enjoy every moment in life, and accept your destiny happily. I have understood from now, that we will be entangled in one or another task. We don’t have time for ourselves. I have seen elder people and their never-ending work. They cannot extract time for themselves.

 I want you to broaden your hopes of living. Be kind to everyone, sit with everyone, be happy, and make others forget their sorrows, for that is the way life is meant to be lived. Plan everything well, don’t lose hope, and set your further goals. The most important is, you are free from this era now. Now, you just imbibe the feeling of freedom. Stay with people, friends, and colleagues. Party and have fun, for no one knows the future. 


Lastly, don’t get frightened by horror movies. Each time you make yourself admit the truth about ghosts and the next hour you are in the same position. I strongly believe that you are still the same.


Love and regards,

Past you








Comments